I’ve mentioned before (in this post) that my family loves Corned Beef made using my Nanny’s recipe. It’s quite simple but makes, in my opinion, the best Corned Beef ever. I hope your family enjoys it as much as mine does.
1. Rinse corned beef, place in a large pot and cover with cold water.
2. Add brown sugar, vinegar and peppercorns.
3. Bring to the boil and then simmer for 1 hour per kilo of meat. For example, my piece of corned beef was 1.1kg, so I cooked it for an hour and six minutes.
4. Add vegetables to the pot for the last 20 minutes of cooking.
5. Once cooked, remove from pot and cut meat into thin slices.
6. Serve with vegetables, peas, and white sauce. Or however your family likes it.
If you give it a go please let me know. I’d love to hear what you think